Roman....ok, why do you ask about what monitor to choose after
you've successfully installed Linux?  It's during the install
you need to know what the make & model of your monitor is.  If
you've successfully completed the install w/o
inputting/choosing the correct make & model of your monitor
then you must have input/chosen something that worked.  So why
worry about it after the fact?

You've said at least twice no that the screen went black, but
never revealed under what conditions this happened.  Also,
what does 'would not boot up' mean?  What happens instead?  At
what point in the boot process does 'would not boot up'
actually occur and exactly what is it that happens?

Alan