Oh yeah, forgot to mention that, you can set a "default" line in there, and a
"timeout" line as well, so that after the specified timeout it starts up the
default image.

In my example it defaults to the "test" image, after a timeout of 50 (seconds I
believe). But if I want to boot the mandrake secure kernel, I can just type in
"secure" at the lilo prompt. And yes, changes are made as root, and don't forget
to run lilo afterwards.

Good luck.