Do you believe me if I say that it's because you mounted your HD the
maximal number of time before an automatic e2fsck? :-)

Don't panic. It's normal. It will do that each time your HD has been
mounted a certain number of time. (I don't know how many)

If this annoys you, well... Don't turn off your comp. :-)

HTH
Flupke