On 19/05/00, at 0:11, Steve Olson [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>When I use his procedure, after checking/doctoring involved files, I
>start the
>logging of things displayed in a second terminal window as he prescribes
>then I
>try his 1st line in the "Immeadiate PPP" section of "Figuring out how
>your ISP
>wants to log you on", I get a timeout, and an Error Message from pppd that
>"The remote system doesn't seem to answer to configuration requests."

Do you have your computer set up to network as well?  If so, you may have
a default gateway set up somewhere (I don't recal which file has this,
but try the archives - it happened to me a few weeks age.).

Kirk

                                vice versa
  Translations - French to English, English to French | Technical Writing
  Traductions francais-anglais, anglais-francais      | Redaction technique
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.mcelhearn.com
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France