I hadn't read that the problems with this card had been fixed, when I upgraded
my machine I bought this card believing it to be supported, could not get it to
work so I bought a cheap card - some unheard of brand - but with a supported
chipset, just to get my machine up and running until the S3 Trio 3D was
supported.
I'm sure this does not help you, just thought I'd share my experience