On Mon, 22 May 2000, Eduardo Arauz wrote:

>Hi everyone, i have this funny situation at boot time my kernet does not
>identify any scsi device but on saturday i was able to write a cd without a
>problem because the cd record and Xcdroast identify my cd-r as a cd writer
>and scsi device.... but i cant mount the cd-r to work like a cd rom because
>it sends me the message that it is not a valid block device.... so i can
>tuse it like a cd rom but i can use it as a cd writer to write cd ( and
>without recompiling the kernel... )
>anyone have an idea of whats going on?

First of all check if your cd-writer is mounted to /mnt/cdrom
A true scsi device is not recognized as IDE (of course). It probably is
seen as /dev/sda or /dev/sdb
If you can find one of those in /dev then try making a /mnt/cdr and mount
/dev/sd<what you found> /mnt/cdr and see if that works.
Strange that your kernel does not tell about the device though...

Paul

Experience is something you don't get
until just after you need it.

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(