Marc....you don't want to get rid of lilo, just remove it from
your mbr.  However this will occur automatically when you
install and activate BootMagic so you don't need to worry
about it, though it can be done with the dos utility fdisk
(fdisk /mbr from a dos prompt).

You do need to install lilo on the first sector of your /
partition though.  The simplist way is to use Linuxconf and
change the lilo default configuration to install lilo on the
partition that is your / partition (or on your /boot partition
if you have a seperate one).

Also this utility will allow you to reconfigure lilo when you
change kernals.  BootMagic doesn't need that info as it starts
lilo (from it's new location) and lilo contains the info about
kernals and such and controls the actual linux boot process.

Alan