On Friday 05 January 2001 05:38 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I did; said that it added windows, but none of the changes took
> affect.
   <snip>
> > > LILO?  Here is what my /etc/lilo.conf file looks like.
> > >
> > > #This file has been generated by KLILO
> > > boot=/dev/hda
> > > read-only
> > > prompt
> > > timeout=200
> > > vga=normal
> > > default=windows      <<--this is the default 'label'
  <snip>                                 |
> > > image=/boot/vmlinuz                |
> > > root=/dev/hda3                     |
> > > label=linux     <<________________/
> > > append=""
   <snip>

    I guess my earlier **hint** didn't work, mea culpa ;)  As others
have posted, you need to run 'lilo' as root after editing lilo.conf.
BUT, your default OS isn't gonna change, til you change it.

   So, look in the excerpts of your lilo.conf above.  Change the
          default=windows      to      default=linux
   Then run lilo again and   linux *  should be shown as the default,
and the computer will boot linux rather than windoze.
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay