:~>> valuable packages have number asociated with them which is close to 100,
:~>> while "junk" packages have a number close to 0 (well, junk packages do not
:~>> make it into the distro, but you get the picture)
:~>
:~>Now that I understand it, I actually like that option.  When I first saw that
:~>slide bar, I did not have a clue of what to do... since I had space on my HD, I
:~>just moved the slider all the way to the right.  I assume a lot of others did
:~>the same.
:~>
:~>Now, is the slide bar mentioned in the manual?  I did not read the manual prior
:~>to installing, but then again I had a download disk, not a packaged distro.  And
:~>who RTFM anyway?  Maybe an "on-the-fly" explanation of what the slide bar means
:~>is in order...

Obviously we need to do something to make it clearer, but the idea itself
is really very nice.

:~>And are the "grades" Mandrakesoft gives each package available anywhere?  I
:~>would like to check those grades out.

At the moment only in /Mandrake/base/compssList, but in the future
"rpmdrake" will make use of these numbers.

cu
        Denis
Dr. Denis Havlik                <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality Assurance      (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])