-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bill Gerber
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2000 8:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Memory isn't being used/found

Linux will normally see 64M of ram; as yours sees only 16M I suspect
that you have mismatched dimms, either brand or speed or both.  Try
changing the order of the dimms in the sockets maybe with the biggest
capacity dimm in slot 1 and see if linux sees more.  In any case to use
more than 64M do the following...

Either go through drakconf on the desktop and then to linuxconf or type
linuxconf as superuser in a terminal, then click on boot mode, LILO
defaults, extra options, and at 'boot options' put 'mem=192M' without
the quotes.  Click on 'accept', 'yes' to activate, and 'quit' till you
get out. If there are any errors and you are asked if you want to see
the log files, say no. You will have to reboot to activate the change.

If your built in video card uses shared ram, you will have to reduce the
192M by the shared amount.

Bill.