On Sun, 28 May 2000, Aaron wrote:

>If that is the same as adding the append="mem=192mb" line to the lilo.conf
>file then it wont work.  My system will not boot at all if I do that.
>Different Kernel panic errors each time I change the file.   As for the
>mismatched dimms; I have been using the same memory for a long time with
>windows.  Would this only be a problem with Linux?  Any suggestions.
>Thanks,
>Aaron

I doubt it would be a memory/dimm problem. If so, then most OS's would not
like it.

I seem to remember though, that the append line should be

append="192M"

not append="192mb"  (one never knows).

Also you could try setting the number of megs down by 1 or 2, I have heard
that has helped people also.

Good luck

Paul
(whose system recognizes 128Mb without any tricks)

What you are when you are not trying
is what you really are

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(
http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208