Hi Dick

I have experienced the same problem and in my case it resulted from letting
Mandrake's Diskdrake 'fiddle' with the partitions created by Partition Magic.
The only solution that I found was to let Nortons DiskDoctor fix the partition
tables, then resize the partitions again using Partition Magic 4,01.

Mandrake Sofware suggested in January or February of this year to use a later
version of their Diskdrake program instead of the one which was in release 7,0.
But in my PC, there was no improvement.
So from my experience, Mandrake's program is still unable to
alter vfat or even linux partitions safely, in a way which allows other
operating systems such as DOS/Windows to also use them.

Ron