I setup a linux box with the server choice and high security.  I finally
found the place to turn on the web service. http web services are running
now. The ftp seems to be installed. all the info I have found says its all
set up but I can't ftp into the server. I need ftp to upload my web pages.
I also want telnet. It does not work either.  i can ping the server. I can
go from the server to other computers thru telnet.

Is it the security level?
do i need to re-install and set the secutity level down?
How do I get access to the services.. ( I do not have the gui auto loading.
i can startx but i can't get any of the gui's to run..kde...gnome..ect...)
so I guess any info sent on how to fix this will have to be no-gui commands.

thanks in advance
Robert