John Rye wrote:

> I suspect I may have blundered in posting a message whose
> Subject line was: "Administration Question" ??? Reserved word ???
>
> So
> Hi All
> I have two users call them 'fred' and 'tom'
>
> I need for these two users to be able to share files (usually text).
>
> Both users are members of their own groups named for their usernames.
>
> How should I go about this?
> 'fred' may NOT have access to 'tom's files and 'tom' may NOT have
> access to 'fred's files.
>
> I intention is to create a directory named say: /home/shared or similar
> in which these two users can drop the exchange files.
>
> As I remember if I make both of these users members of the same group
> the each is able to 'see' what the other is doing? or has in her
> directory. That is not an option in this case..
>
> Suggestions are most welcome.
>
> Cheers.
>
> John

Simply create a new group and make both users a member of this group.  You
can now create a new directory simpilar to what you proposed (perhaps
/home/doc/shared) and make the owner of that dir. root and give the
"shared" group read/write access.

--
Joseph S. Gardner
Senior Designer / Technical Support