The same thing happened to me. Another way to get around this is to go into
preference/navigator/applications and make an adjustment to one of the file
types already setup as "save to disk" such that the extension of the file
you are downloading will be recognized. Properly, a new application type
should be setup, but then you need to know the MIMEType for the file. The
workaround suffices. Then, when you click on the icon, you will be prompted
with the save dialog box.

Cheers,
philomena