My system had actually slowed down considerably.  I
noticed that there was really a problem when I tried
to play quake3 and it took an eon to boot up.  My hard
drive was working overtime swapping trying to keep up
and my system rarely even uses swap.  I think that
netscape 2.73 was the culprit because I uninstalled it
and went back to 4.7 and LO! the systems ram usage is
back down to reasonable (55-65 megs) ram usage when
the system is idle.

Dacia

--- "Oliver L. Plaine Jr."