Hi Ronald,

I have a dual boot system with Win98 and Linux Mandrake 7.0 (Air).

Actually I have a Celeron 366mhz ...I do not use power-management.
I have one hard drive that doesn't recover from power-management
on the hard drives (old 540 meg - my 3rd drive -  is actually mainly a place
holder more than anything else..to keep my CDRom as F: in Windows 98
for a program that I don't want to re-install that I can't find the little
file that designates the CDRom drive letter in it, and my screensaver
in Linux works fine for me, and of course the screen blanks on its own
if left in log-in screen.  Power management on my PC hasn't been an
issue for me.  If I were on a laptop...that would be different.

I will have to verify whether it is actually enabled in the bios though
to see if that is the situation with shutting down errors here.

I don't see it as a problem though...I reboot and shut off the computer
works like a champ and no errors.

Bambi