Even though this was not asked, I volunteer the question anyway, since I just
installed lxdoom.

lxdoom from Mandrake does not come with lxmusserv, which is necessary to play
the music for Doom (IMHO, one of its best features).

It can be found at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/filelist.php?group_id=3586

Although not a mdk-rpm, the "normal" rpm works fine.

Cheers,
/J.

--
* Registered Linux User Number *