Richard....lose the attitude.  There are a lot of reasons why
you gleaned no help for your problem.  First off maybe nobody
who read it had anything constructive to say.

This list is made up of basically two groups.  Folks who need
help and folks volunteering their free time to try and help
the folks who need it.  Neither group needs your smart
remarks.

I suggest you try one of the two other lists that are
sponsered by MandrakeSoft, the expert list and the cooker
list.  You can find them where you found this one.  maybe you
can get some help on one of them that we were unable to
provide here.

Personally, I don't have any insight as to what your
installation problem might be caused by.  I wish I did, as I
wish that I had answers for everybody.  But if the whole bunch
of us answered every message even if we didn't have any help
to offer, then this list would double or triple (who knows how
much traffic such an occurance would add) its volume of
messages.  That would be bad.  Good luck.

Alan