:~>> * Thanks for your list, very informative. Have been reading for a couple of
:~>> weeks but no
:~>> mention of parallel connected modems
:~>
:~>Mostly because parallel modems are even rarer than serial printers. They exist,
:~>but it has been about 15 years since I have seen one.

Yup. I have never seen one, and we do not have any at Mandrakesoft, so do
not expect much support for that beast. However, I have used Paralel-port
nulmodem cable to connect two computers in the past, and it worked OK, so
i guess there must be some metod to use that beast. You will have to read
the HOWTOS, I am afraid. :-(

cu
        Denis

Dr. Denis Havlik                <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality Assurance      (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
wisit our new discusion forum: http://linuxpole.com