Title: RE: [newbie] How do I install a PCMCIA card on Mandrake Linux 7.0

You can get some pretty detailed information on a generic device if it has an FCC code on it. This indicates that it was certified for use in the USA and by going to:      http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/help.html

You can find out who made the device and other interesting info.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Paul [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, June 12, 2000 7:21 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [newbie] How do I install a PCMCIA card on Mandrake Linux 7.0

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Michael Khachiki wrote:

>I can't find any documents on how to install a No Name PCMCIA card in Linux.
>with out it I can't get on the net from Linux. Please let me know how should
>I go about installing a No Name PCMCIA (Modem and LAN) on a laptop. I have
>tried "man pcmcia" on the system. It showed me where I can find the pcmcia
>config file. when I looked in that file, I could not find my pcmcia in the
>list. How should I go about configuring my PCMCIA card ???

If you have a no name card, with no idea who or what made it, and equally
no clue as to the drivers needed, I am afraid you have a big problem.
If you could figure out the brand of it, or what
taiwanese/singapore/indian company made it, you could still stand a
chance. Otherwise my bets would be on a pcmcia card that is supported by
Linux. I know this is not the answer you want.

Paul

--
Yesterday is Past; Tomorrow is the Future;
Today is a Gift...That is why we call it The Present.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403