not to be a winblows wise guy, but if you put DNS under networking, it
works for the lan card (for say... proxy use) and under dialup
networking you find the DNS settings if you go to dialup networking,
right click the connection you use, in the window that comes up you will
see a tab for server types, click that and the window that comes up has
a box at the bottom with check boxes for NetBEUI, IPX?SPX compatible and
TCP/IP, if TCP/IP is checked (and it must be for internet connection,
you will find a box that says "TCP/IP Settings",  click that and you see
that you have DNS settings for the TCP/IP that your dialup connection
uses.