damn, I missed a step, after "right click the connection you use," and
before, "in the window that comes up you will see a tab for server
types, click that",
 I should have added, " select and open 'properties'"
sorry ..... please see the disclaimer that says "I bees a NEWBIE (and
proud)" so please do not follow me into diving into the shallow end of
the pool.