He actually had a point.  You may not have found him articulate in
bringing it up, but he was right.  Assuming you have some knowledge in
setting up a Linux system, you should not have to reinstall the entire
thing.  Though, I must admit, sometimes even I have found it to be the
most expedient solution to the problem.

--
Digital Wokan
Tribal mage of the electronics age