Well, with the help of everyone that responded to my cry for help, I am now
able to use tar. Now... HELP again. I am receiving these errors when using
make.

make[4] *** [install-data-local] Error 255
make[3] *** [install-am] Error 2
make[2] *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1] *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make: [install-recursive] Error 1

What do these compile errors mean and what do I do to fix them? I tried
this using two different archived files and I received the same error both
times, so I am assuming it is not a programming error, but I am missing
something in my Linux configuration? I reinstalled the make rpm package and
tried again but no luck. Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks to all who have helped so far..

Fred