I think I used the wrong commands. I downloaded it to my root directory.
Next, I typed in tar-xvzf linux-ar-405.tar.gz
A new directory named lLINXR.install was created. I could see the
install script with dark monitor.
Every time I changed to this directory and typed in ./install it would
indicate that the directory or file is missing.

Roman

flupke wrote:

> You uncompress the archive :
>    tar zxf linux-ar-405.tar.gz
> then you go into the newly created directoy, su to root, and execute the
> installation script :
>    ./INSTALL (or is it ./SETUP???)
>
> Then, the rest should be self prompting.
>
> HTH
> Flupke
>
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Romanator wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I may have asked this before but I cannot for the life of me install
> > linux-ar-405.tar.gz
> > I would like to install Adobe. Has any one been successful?
> > I must be missing a command. Can any one help?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Roman
>
> --
>         << There's no place like ~ ! >>
begin:vcard
n:#179293;Roman
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
x-mozilla-cpt:;-32480
fn:Roman - Registered Linux User #179293
end:vcard