it shoudn't be taking that long for an upgrade. I don't know why Mandrake
is taking that long, but what if you just installed right over top of the
current installation. I know when I do this with an installation it
doesn't disturb the user dir's or the data files. Nor does it touch the
settings. As long as you don't format "/" or any other dir other than that
which are being used by the system itself, you'll be just fine.

Be sure though just in case something weird happens that you back up all
of your important, can't do without files.

--
Mark

I love my Linux Box...
        My Linux Box Rocks!