My $.02

Have you brought up a mixer for your sound card and ENABLED the Line-in
port?

It may be off by default.

Note that with some of the original Brooktree drivers there was a reported
problem wherein the TV tuner card's audio output was not being enabled or
reset.

Since the card comes up with audio output OFF, this can be problematic.

-JMS