I've installed MDK 7.1 on my Abit BP6 (2 celerons 450 Mhz) with 128 Mb and
the installation went fine. Now, when I boot and pick up 'Linux' with Grub
(which is the option to boot on kernel with SMP support) I got this :

Mounting proc filesystem OK
Configuring kernel parameters OK
Oops: 0002
CPU: 1
EIP: 0010: [<C0109bf5>]
EFLAGS: 00010246
etc.

Kernel panic: Attempt to kill the idle task

I tried several times to boot using the smp support, got always the same
message. I even tried to reinstall, didn't change nothing.
And the funny thing is when I pick up the 'Linux-up' in Grub which is the
kernel without SMP (and then a single processor recognized) it works fine.
Of course, the two processors work fine (I checked with Win2K) and Mandrake
did detect the two processors since it installed on its own the smp support
and configured Grub for both smp and non smp kernels.
So what the hell is going on ?
Any idea ?

Thanks

Eric