Hi,

I was trying to install Mandrake v7.1 but the boot disk I created using cdrom.img
failed to detect the DPT RAID card, when I select the EATA DMA driver. I have also
tried all the other drives and it still won't get detected.

I have tried to use the expert mode and detect EATA DMA driver at the SCSI
installation page but it still can detect.

I have also tried to specify additiona options:
eata_dma.o io=0xff90 irq=9

and just

io=0xff90 irq=9

It still cannot be detected.

However, Mandrake version 6.0 boot disk have no troble at all; all I need is to select
EATA DMA and use autoprope.

I spend a few weeks to convince my boss to use Linux. When he finally gives the OK,
I'm faced with this problem... :-(

Can someone please help? Thanks

Oh, my system only has the DTP Raid controller. I do not have any IDE harddisk.

Regards

Leon

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct