On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, David Talbot wrote:

>I'm working on getting a webserver set up and need to modify the path and
>some other enviroment variables. I set the path and insure it is exported,
>but when I type
>echo $PATH
>
>it contains nothing I added. I did notice a few curious comments in the
>/etc/profile such as "Handled by Mandrake Security"
>
>Anybody know what it's doing to me?

Hi David,
I have had some troubles with this too, until I found out what I did
wrong. Where and what exactly did you change, and what do you want to
change?

Make sure you do make changes BEFORE any 'export' of PATH is done,
otherwise it won't work.

Paul
(had a GREAT vacation!)

--
Creativity is limited only by your imagination.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403