On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, you wrote:

> I tried the mentioned firewall and once again I am feeling stupid. I
> loaded it and immediately could not get Netscape to load .  It would
> stall with only the stop sign and the frame showing.  I then
> uninstalled and got my Netscape and mail back.  I must have set a
> closed port or deny in the wrong place.  Again the documentation is
> not set up for virtual dummies, but only for people who have alot of
> experience either with  Linux or as programmers etc.  Anybody know
> what a good set of setings would be and still allow Netscape access.

    You're doin fine.  You understand it as well as i do, don't
give up. I believe you must've answer'd the "eth0" question right.
 I missed that one the first time, I have a "ppp0"  (dialup).  IIRC,
there's a few more that I changed from just takin the default
answer. I believe both involved unblocking pop3 (mail) and nntp
(news).  Then it all worked !!

  'Bout the only thing I worry about now is I still don't know a
thing about firewalls ;)  .... but I got one

--
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]