We run Apache.  Your home page should be in /home/httpd.  You may have subdirectories
beneath this one, and you will
probably have directories such as cgi-bin, but that is where they should go.  You got
the ~myusername because you put the
pages in YOUR OWN home directory, not APACHE's home directory.  Move them, and it
should work.

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 13:10:54 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I have a domain name that is regestered to my IP address.
>
>Ok I got Apache to run on my Linux Box, but I can only create webpages that
>point to www.mydomainname.net/~myusername.  What I want to do is creat a web
>page that points directly to www.mydomainname.net and get rid of the
>/~username. When I type in localhost or the address to my webserver I get a
>webpage from Apache saying that it worked.  Can anyone out there tell me how to
>configure Apache to do this?  I would greatly appreciate any refrences or
>information you could give me that may help.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>-derangedhermit

Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, Ohio, 44115
Voice: [216] 687-4820
Fax: [216] 523-7200