"Joe St.Clair - KSI Machine & Engineering" wrote:

> I am having no luck getting Mandrake 7.1 to install with any Adaptect
> controller.
> I have tried a 1542, 1542cf and 2940.  All seem to find the card but won't
> hit the devices connected to the card.
>
> This is keeping me from getting 7.1 to install.  This problem didn't exist
> with 7.0.
>
> Mike & Tracy Holt wrote:

Hello,

I got 7.1 to install on a 2940 if I did not choose expert mode.  It appears
to me that the 7.1 install breaks after it asks you what scsi card you are
using.  In my case it could not mount the cd.  If it auto-probes and finds
it then no problem.  The 1542 cards will not work because it does not
automatically detect the 1542 cards.

73 Eric [EMAIL PROTECTED]  WB1HBU