I have SCSI working fine on my Adaptec 7890. Detected my devices and I can use
them and everything.

 > Seems like a big problem with how popular SCSI is with old time UNIX
people. > This was not a problem with Mandrake 6.0, 6.5 or 7.0.  I always down
load a iso > file and burn my own CD prior to purchasing a full copy.  I won't
be buying if > it won't work on my system(s).
> I would think someone needs to get this fixed.
> I reported this as a bug but still don't see it show up on any of the bug
> lists.  Does anyone know when/if a reported bug will show up?  I don't see vary
> many bugs showing up on ver.7.1 yet but I don't know how long it really takes
> for them to show.
>
> "Eric A. Cottrell" wrote:
>
> > "Joe St.Clair - KSI Machine & Engineering" wrote:
> > >
> > > I am having no luck getting Mandrake 7.1 to install with any Adaptect
> > > controller.
> > > I have tried a 1542, 1542cf and 2940.  All seem to find the card but won't
> > > hit the devices connected to the card.
> > >
> > > This is keeping me from getting 7.1 to install.  This problem didn't exist
> > > with 7.0.
> > >
> > > Mike & Tracy Holt wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I got 7.1 to install on a 2940 if I did not choose expert mode.  It appears
> > to me that the 7.1 install breaks after it asks you what scsi card you are
> > using.  In my case it could not mount the cd.  If it auto-probes and finds
> > it then no problem.  The 1542 cards will not work because it does not
> > automatically detect the 1542 cards.
> >
> > 73 Eric [EMAIL PROTECTED]  WB1HBU
>
> --
>
> Joe St.Clair - KSI Machine & Engineering
--
Anthony Huereca
http://m3000.1wh.com