I just built a new machine, using a celeron 566 processor.  As you probably know this uses the coppermine core, and new p3 instruction set (it is basically a p3 with less cache).  When I try to boot Mandrake on this computer I get a
Checking 386/387 coupling (3) failed trying to reset
387 failed: trying to reset
over and over and over
If I remove the 566, and put in a celeron 300a the system boots fine, Mandrake installs without a hitch and all is good.
I've tried upgrading my kernel to 2.2.16, and then plugging in the celeron 566 with similar results.  I've seen screen captures on numerous sites (while searching for an answer to this question) where people have booted with a p3.  How do they do this???  Is there some special kernel switch or something I have to implement?

thanks for the help

Sam