I tried Mozilla Fonts with Netscape. They wern't that bad, but on some sites
they still left something to be desired. I found the best way to get decent
fonts was to install the TrueType fonts commonly used in WinDOS (Arial, Times
New Roman, Courier New, etc.) and set Netscape to use those. I originally
installed them in Mandrake 7.0, which required some fiddling around with
configuration files. In Mandrake 7.1, however, DrakFont makes installing fonts
exceptionally easy.
The hardest part is actually getting these fonts in the first place. If you
already have Windoze installed (like I do), then just copy them from your Fonts
directory. If you don't, then you either have to copy them from someone else
with WinDOS (is this legal if you don't own a copy of Windoze?) or find a way to
extract the CAB files on the Windoze CD or discs. I don't think there are
currently any Linux programmes that can do this, so you may have to use good
ol' DOS.

> On Sun, 2 Jul 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >I followed a link posted here and downloaded the Mozilla
> >fonts from the Mandrake cooker ftp.  They installed easily
> >and ... wow, Netscape is not so butt-ugly anymore!  Thanks!
> >
> >Phil

        Sridhar Dhanapalan
            Linux is like a wigwam...No windows, no gates.
                           Apache inside.

  • ... Paul
    • ... Bill Fisher
    • ... Bill Fisher
    • ... p . b . burton
    • ... Sridhar Dhanapalan
    • ... fireman71
    • ... John Catral
      • ... p . b . burton
    • ... Pedro _
    • ... Pedro _
    • ... Pedro _
    • ... Jesüs Arocho
    • ... Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr - Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun Microsystems
      • ... Miroslav Skoric
        • ... Paul Smith