lsof /dev/cdrom will show who currently controls the cdrom (I believe it
stands for "list owner of" but might be wrong on that).  For instance if
you get the result ttys1 mc blah blah it means MIdnight Commander is
looking at /mnt/cdrom

On Friday, June 30, 2000 6:07 PM, John Ward [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
wrote:
> I'm wondering something. I was trying to unmount my cdrom. However
whenever
> I tried it kept coming back and saying it was busy. I tried several times
> then finally gave up and rebooted. What should I have done to find out if
> it was busy? I wasn't doing anything with it. I had mounted it, looked
> through it, realized I didn't need it and tried to unmount it. I was in
the
> / directory when I tried unmounting it and I was root.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John Ward
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --C:\WINDOWS\RUN C:\WINDOWS\CRASH C:\ME\FDISK /usr/src/linux
> and
> --Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware

"WorldSecure Server <lombard.co.uk>" made the following
 annotations on 07/03/00 09:23:09
The opinions expressed within this email represent those of the
individual and not necessarily those of Lombard North Central.

The contents of this Email may be privileged and are confidential. It may not be
disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor copied in any way. If
received in error, please advise the sender, then delete from your system.

Should you wish to use Email as a mode of communication, Lombard North Central PLC
are unable to guarantee the security of Email content outside of our own computer
systems.

Lombard North Central PLC
Registered in England No 337004
Registered Office 3 Princess Way Redhill Surrey RH1 1NP
A Member of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group