It's one of two things: either you need to specify Linear protocol for Lilo to
eliminate the 'LI' boot failure. Or you should re-detect your hard drive in your bios
to make sure it has the correct properties [cylynders, size, etc] especially if you
have used a drive installer to put in a large HD. Also, you may want to change the
partition that LILO is using to boot from. Put it on /dev/hda1 instead of the boot
sector. That can sometimes help.

~Magnus