Charles A Edwards wrote:

> Here is a FAQ from the PCTel web site. To me it says that you have a  Win
> NoModem but you can judge for yourself.
>
> Can I use my modem with Operating systems other than Windows 95?
>
> Yes! PCTEL HSP technology operates in all Windows operating systems. These
> include Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows CE. PCTEL
> currently has no plans to run on the DOS, UNIX, or Linux operating systems.
> We support most DOS based programs in the DOS Box under Windows 95.
>
>    Charles

Thats from the PCTel, who makes the modem... Curiously enough, PCChips,
the motherboard manufacturer, has developed a Linux driver for this
winmodem...
The problem is that they provide the binary drivers without any
documentation, not even a README or installation instructions.

I just bought this motherboard yesterday, and ive been trying to find
out how to either install this driver, or get another serial port to
connect my external modem (the card only comes with one serial port and
no ps/2 ports, so I can only use a serial mouse)

   /  Jose Alberto Abreu    [EMAIL PROTECTED]   /
 / Bending space and time since 2043                 /