On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Tom Brinkman wrote:
>
> >    Did you make all the changes from root's desktop?  I've found
> >that su'ing to root as user and running kmenuedit doesn't work.
> >Worked with 7.0, but not 7.1 and the new menu system.
>
> It doesn't??? I wonder what's different between your system and mine, a
> few days ago I noticed something missing from the menu, did 'su' to root,
> ran kmenuedit and everything went smoothly...
>
> Paul

    There's just beginning a discussion among the developers on
the cooker list that menu editing needs some fixing. It's prob'ly
less a hardware difference, than how and how much of 7.1 you
installed (just my guess).

    I don't know how long you've been running since you made menu
changes, or how often you reboot to Linux (I dual boot).  My
experience with su'ing from user to root and make menu changes was
that sooner or later they'd be lost.  Sometimes just by restarting
X.  Only since I began logging into root's desktop and making menu
changes from there have they become more or less 'permanent'.

   I've also got a feeling that this is all gonna be academic when
KDE2, and XFree-4 become the norm this fall, eg Mandrake 7.2?

 --
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]