hello all,

i'm a new user in linux and currently using mandrake
7.0. i'd like to ask about how to change my monitor
refresh rate from 56 hz to 85 hz (vertical). because
in my windows 98 (i use both windows and linux
mandrake in the same computer) i can have a 85 hz
refresh rate at 800x600 resolution, but in linux it is
just 56 hz at 800x600 resolution.
my vga card is s3 virge/gx2 with 4 mb memory.
i have tried to configured it in xf86setup with the s3
virge/gx2 card, and i chose generic supervga monitor
also i have tried to choose svga server and s3v
server.
the result was i can use xwindows if i used svga
server but with 56 hz refresh rate. if i used s3v
server i couldn't use xwindows because there was an
error so i couldn't have xwindows.
also i've downloaded the latest s3v server rpm from
redhat, but still couldn't work.
and i tried to use xvidtune but also didn't work.
what should i do? i really want to use linux much than
windows, but also i don't want to have my eyes annoyed
;-)

thanks for your help,
surianto chen