Every time something stupid happens in ms-w*nd*ws, I am glad that Idon't
have to put up with that in Mandrake. Every time I play Heroes III, I
appreciate the fact that "DirectX 7" is not necessary for great games to
exist, it is only a system extension for Redmond's dark devices.
Granted, there is much more I would like to see available for Linux, but
change is blowin' in the wind. At one time, in the wee hours, staring at
the ceiling, I cried out, "God! is there nothing better than
MS-W*ndows?"
After a torturous session to get MS-Windows to work right. And then one
Saturday afternoon, I booted into Mandrake linux... ;-)