Dear All, Thank you for your help. A different technician came to fix my
ethernet problem. A different card was necessary. I now have cable service
with Windows 95 and will sooner or later set it up in Linux. The technician
said he knows nothing about Linux and wants to learn about it. He said that
Linux will definitely work with their cable service even though someone from
Cox told me otherwise. The new card is a
SMC EZ Card 10 ISA Network Card. Any assistance for setting up this card in
Linux would be appreciated. A very helpful person from your group gave me
step by step instructions for installing cable internet. I am sure they will
work with this card, too. I believe I have all of the necessary information.
The IP address is dynamic. I imagine Kudzu will detect it when I get on
Linux again. I have not used Kudzu before. Any tips? Thank you for your
help. I am looking forward to switching to Linux with the cable service very
soon.  Thank you, Marcia