Linux makes this fairly simple.

First, you need to get Linux to connect and exchange packets (surf) with the
new ISP.

While people on this list are fond of recommending KPPP. Linuxconf provides
a much better way of doing it. Linuxconf also sets up everything else for
you, once you understand it's quirks.

It also handles configuration of resolver, and other issues...

Second once this is done, you select a reserved subnet for your Win98 boxes.

I.E. 192.168.0.0 is good to use.

You configure Linux's eth0 interface (the lan card) to be the lowest
numbered device... I.E. 192.168.0.1 with a Netmask of 255.255.255.0 gateway
(blank). and turn ON routing.

You add TWO lines to /etc/rc.local and you are done.

Modify the Win9x TCP/IP configs, and surf away.

I've posted detail instructions before on this and other lists (I hate
retyping it yet again... heh...) but get your new ISP and come back here for
more help.

-JMS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]