Hi Rob!

For me Win 98 SE ICS works for mandrake 7.02 also.
I have a lan with two PC: One with Mandrake 7.02 / Win 98 SE (I call it
PC2)and the other one with Win98 SE (I call it PC1).
PC1 have a modem connected a dial-up line to the internet provider.
I have internet access at PC2, with Win 98 and with Mandrake 7.02
(192.168.0.2) through the W98 SE PC (192.168.0.1). To do it:

make the network connection according to the instructions in

Setup Of A GNU/Linux/Windows9x Micro-LAN
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/connect/cmlan.html

PC 2 (with Mandrake 7.02):
DNS: DNS of your internet provider (ISP)
Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (IP address of PC1)

Note: I use a fixed address with PC2 with Mandrake 7.02. I did not try if
DHCP works with Win / Linux.

That's it! I can browse with Netscape, I can send and receive emails and
have fun with irc with Mandrake 7.02, connected to a Win 98 SE PC using ICS.

Bye
Pedro