On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Jeff Malka wrote:

>If you start imwheel when logged in as root, root owns the created
>imwheel.pid file and only root can delete it.  Therefore the command
>imwheel -k issued by the other user will fail because it cannot delete and
>replace a root created pid.  At least that is what I found out.
>
>If I change the permission of the root imwheel.pid to the username, then the
>command imwheel -k issued by the user works because it can replace the
>previous pid file with the user pid.  However if I happen to login as root
>just once and use imwheel, I am back to square one because there now is a
>root created pid file!

I would suggest you put the delete command for the file in
/etc/rc.d/rc.local
All commands in there are run from the root account, so after booting you
should be fine. Or put the command in the root's ~/.logout (or something
like that) file, The commands in there are executed when root logs out.

Paul

--
No man would listen to you if he didn't know
it was his turn to speak next.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403