----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 8:07 PM
Subject: [newbie] isa modem

> i have just installed 7.1 mandrake
> and have a dynalink isa modem
> when i try using kppp to dial provider
> it gets as far as initilazing and thats as far ass it gets
> is there some thing i am having to do to get it to dial out
> it does read that there is a modem
> i just dont know why its stopping at initilizing
> and not dialing out
>
> Martin

   I had the same problem with an external modem. It would show initilizing
and just sit there never going any futher.
   To fix the problem open kppp Setup/Modem/Modem Commands. Look for 2
settings Pre-Init Delay and Post-Init Delay
and use the slider control of each to increase the time. I set each of mine
to 100. My modem worked perfectly after doing that.

   Charles