First thanks to Michael, Phil, Alexander and Vic for replying to my mail
problem.

Second, an apology for a basic error. It is not Sendmail that is causing me
grief, (as I indicated) it's FETCHMAIL.

And for some reason, when I try to install it, I get the message that I
need "smtpdaemon" before I can rpm it.
I can see that there is a FETCHMAIL.CONF rpm too that should assist in
installing the program. However, I have to get past this dependency problem.
Very sorry about the misleading information.

Michael Coady

At 01:33 PM 7/20/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Finally managed to get Mandrake 7.1 installed after going down a number of
>blind alleys.
>One final (hopefully) glitch. Sendmail is not installed. When I try to rpm
>it, I'm informed that I need "smtpdaemon".
>Any enlightenment on this would be appreciated.
>
>Michael Coady
>
>M.

M.