you have to keep working with it until you find one that will work with
his hardware. Sometimes it can be a real challenge to get the display
working correctly with Linux. Especially Mandrake. This week I configured
LM 7.1 on one of our users' laptop at work. I spent the better part of one
day off and on trying to get the display to fill the screen and behave
itself while doing that. It took a while, and with patience I was able to
succeed.

a word of encouragement...you won't always be able to get the display
working with the choices that are most obvious for the hardware. You may
find your hardware on the list, but that's not a guarentee that it's going
to work with those drivers. Just don't give up. Sometimes you end up using
drivers that you wouldn't think will work.

I'm using an HP driver to get my Canon BJC6000 to work in Linux Mandrake
7.1. And they said it couldn't be done!

--
Mark

  ** Registered Linux user # 182496 **